Saturday, September 24, 2022,
11:30 AM -
All are invited to attend this free event
on Saturday, September 24, 11:30-3:30!
Browse our plant sale featuring bulbs, perennials, houseplants, and fall annuals. Find answers to all of your gardening questions at the Master Gardener Volunteers’ booth. Enjoy presentations by CCE Educators and Master Gardener Volunteers.
12:30: “Meat” Me On My Plate presented by Kimberly Ferstler, CCE Nutrition Educator
- A healthy plate can include locally sourced proteins—like beef—plus vegetables, fruits, dairy, and even NYS produced grains. Join Kimberly for a demo and tasting of a delicious, healthy recipe that takes advantage of the flavors of the season but can be prepared all year ‘round as well.
1:00: Seed Saving presented by Berni Dooley, Master Gardener Volunteer
- Learn how to save seeds from different plants in your garden to be self-sufficient and have better suited seeds for your garden.
1:30: Growing Garlic presented by Scott Mills, Master Gardener Volunteer
- Are you a garlic lover who wants to learn how to plant and care for garlic at home? Join us to learn the basics of growing garlic.
2:00: Winter Sowing presented by Berni Dooley, Master Gardener Volunteer
- Are you itching to start gardening months ahead of time? Learn how to prepare early for the spring by winter sowing seeds outdoors.
2:30: Forcing Bulbs presented by Liz Brown, Master Gardener Volunteer
- Have you ever wanted a tulip out of season, or would you like to add some more color to your home in the winter time? Learn tips and tricks on how to force bulbs to come into bloom!
Cornell Cooperative Extension Center
173 South Grand Street
Cobleskill, NY 12403
Last updated September 23, 2022