Learn about financial assistance options for home repairs.
Home Repair Assistance
1. USDA Section 504 Loan and Grant Program (Repair and Rehabilitation)
- Very low income (single family) homeowners in rural areas.
loans up to $20,000; May be used for general repairs and improvements,
or to make accessible for individuals with disabilities.
- Use HUD guidelines.
- Grants up to $7500 only for ages 62 or older to remove health or safety hazards.
- Phone: (607) 753-0851
2. NY Energy Smart programs
- Financial assistance or low-interest loans for energy efficiency improvements.
- Radon mitigation can be incorporated into work scope.
- Phone: 1-(877)-NY-SMART
3. HUD 203(k) Mortgage Insurance Program
4. Remodel New York Program
- Below market rates to finance purchase and renovation of home for first time homebuyers.
- Eligible renovations include health and safety repairs and energy efficiency improvements, etc.
5. Bishop Sheen Ecumenical Housing Foundation
Last updated April 10, 2019