Pro-Dairy Registration Requirements for custom manure applicators who work on CAFO farms in NYS

Is Whole Farm Revenue Micro-Farm Insurance Right for My Farm?


Is Whole Farm Revenue Micro-Farm Insurance Right for My Farm?

  • Tuesday, January 16, 2024, 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM
  • Thursday, February 15, 2024, 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM

Micro Farm Program National Fact Sheet | RMA (

Micro Farm is tailored for any farm with up to $350,000 in revenue from agricultural commodities, including farms with specialty or organic commodities (both crops and livestock), or those marketing to local, regional, farm-identity preserved, specialty, or direct markets.

In order to apply for Micro Farm Insurance, you need:

  • At least three years of historic Schedule F farm tax records.
  • If you don't file Schedule F you will need the farm tax forms you file plus supporting information so a Substitute Schedule F form can be completed.
  • Your farm plan for the year to show your commodities and expected revenue you plan to produce. Some of your historic records may be needed to assist with determining your expected value. If you raise organic commodities, you will need your organic certificate by the date the Revised Farm Operation Report is due, unless your farm produces $5,000 or less. A certificate issued from the National Organic Program's Organic Integrity Database (or successor certificate reporting tool) is also acceptable. The AIP may also need to consult your organic system plan.

Join Liz Higgins, Farm Business Management Extension Specialist, for a webinar discussing this coverage and how it compares to NAP and single-crop insurance products.



Learn More


Liz Higgins
Farm Business Management Extension Specialist


This event is online

Last updated January 3, 2024